Thursday, January 26, 2012

Know your enemy...


I have been fortunate enough to surround myself with all the people I truly love and care.  If anything, I take pride in finding true good friends, and believing friends have nothing to do with quantity but quality.  It doesn't matter if your friends are just numbers on your FB or Twitter or just followers on your blog.  Friends have to matter in your life.

Last week, I had some incidents where I realized you just can't trust certain people.  They lie, they manipulate, and out to get you or get what you have.  When you trust someone and talk about your life or your secrets and find out that everybody knows about it - that's a total shock. 

I've never repeat someone's secret or story if my friend ask me not to talk about it.  It's a burden sometimes, a big weight on your shoulder, but I also feel tremendous gratitude for her trusting me.  Why do I want to mess that up? 

I can tell you that some people just don't care.  And sometimes, you just have to trust your instinct - it's okay not to be friends with everybody.  Protect yourself, protect your friend and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment